Fibrehut village show - sit & spin - August 20th July 23 2016 1 Comment
Show off your spinning and weaving creations!
A fun chance for you to show off your spinning and weaving creations with prizes and rosettes up for grabs in various categories from beginner to advance. Bring along your entries on the day, fill out an entry slip and set them out ready for the judges deliberation. If you can't make it in person drop off your entry before the day or send it in by post for inclusion on the day!
Come and sit & spin with us!
Also on the day we will have our regular "SIT & SPIN & CHAT" so bring along your wheel, spindle, table loom and get a FREE CREAM TEA! You can also use our drum carder & blending board and dig in to our free sample bin. Hiley's coffee shop will be open for hot/cold drinks and food, the farm shop is selling jams and Henley's ice cream and there's plenty of free parking and toilets on site.
- Entry is FREE but only one entry per person.
- We must receive your exhibit by 1pm on Saturday 20th August.
- You can enter your exhibit in person, drop it off or send it in by post.
- Exhibitors information must be supplied on an entry slip (available below)
- All exhibits must be reclaimed and collected within 10 days.
- Postal entries can be returned at your expense (see postage rates)
- All entries accepted in good spirit and for fun.
- Judging will take place at 2pm on the 20th August
- The judges decisions are final.
What can I enter?
You can enter any item that you have personally spun, knitted, crocheted, woven, felted, dyed, carded etc provided that either the fibre, the dye or the equipment used was supplied by FibreHut. Enter your hand spun yarn, single or plied, on a bobbin or in a skein - a knitted or crocheted item from your hand spun yarn - hand dyed fibre - a felted object - carded or blended rolags - a simple weaving swatch - a finished woven item - or something else!
Who can enter?
From absolute beginners to advanced spinners and weavers, everyone is encouraged to enter and everyone has a chance of a prize or award! It's all in good spirit and great fun so make sure that you enter something!
OK I'm in... how do I enter?
- Bring your entry along on the day before 1pm.
- or drop off your entry at the shop anytime before the day.
- or send in your entry by post (with an entry slip)
All entries must be accompanied by an entry slip as shown below. Copies are available to collect from our retail shop or you can print the one below.
Send postal entries to: Fibrehut Ltd, Unit 3 Boxtrees Farm Craft Centre, Stratford Road, Hockley Heath B94 6EA.
Can I have my entry item back?
Yes you can take it home on the day after judging. Or come and collect it from the shop within 10 days. Or we can post it back to you at your expense (see postage rates).