Rigid heddle loom
The Ashford rigid heddle loom is extremely popular, affordable, portable and versatile.
- Delivered from stock
- or come and pick up in-store
Made from Silver Beech hardwood the loom is very strong and robust. It is available in a choice of 3 weaving widths 40, 60 and 80cm (16, 24 and 32").
- Affordable and versatile
- Quick and easy to warp and weave
- Lightweight and portable
- Built-in second heddle option (just add another reed)
- Built-in indirect warping frame option (pegs required)
- Available in 3 widths
- Optional floor stands available
It is easy to use and simple to assemble. Just add yarn to start creating beautiful garments and homewares with colour and texture or weave beautiful textured patterns using pick-up sticks. The loom can also be used for woven tapestries and wall hangings. The built-in second heddle option allows for double width, layer or density weaving as well as lots of additional patterns. Additional reeds available are 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5 and 15dpi (10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60/10cm) so you can weave very fine to thick textured yarns.
Loom differences explained...
I am often asked to explain the difference between the Ashford knitters, rigid heddle and sample it looms. They are in fact ALL rigid heddle looms! The basic differences are explained below.
The knitters loom folds, comes lacquered, is pre-assembled and has a fitted carry bag. Choose from 3 weaving widths 30cm, 50cm, 70cm.
The rigid heddle loom does not fold and requires assembly and optional waxing. Available in 4 weaving widths 40cm, 60cm, 80cm & 120cm.
- The sample it loom does not fold and requires assembly and optional waxing and is just a light weight compact version of the rigid heddle loom. Available in 2 weaving widths 25cm & 40cm..
Watch these videos!
Postage within the UK:
- £1.99 UK: small package / under £10.00
- £3.85 UK: medium parcel / up to £100.00
- £6.95 UK: large parcel / up to £200.00
- £12.95 UK: heavy parcel / over £200.00
Postage outside the UK:
We are sorry but we do not ship goods outside of the UK including the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey.
Collect in store:
For the safety of staff and customers our retail shop is closed and click & collect is suspended.
We offer free contactless delivery within a 10 mile radius of Blackminster (minimum order £25).