Ashford superfine drum carder
Card and blend very fine fibres like alpaca and silks quickly and efficiently with this top quality Ashford drum carder.
- This is the superfine model.
- For very fine wools & luxury fibres.
This model has two ratios for even more flexibility and control when carding and blending. Use the 6:1 ratio to prepare your fleece. The controlled intake and carding will produce a smooth even batt ready for blending, spinning or felting. Use the 4:1 ratio to blend sliver, colours and different fibre types consistently into an open and airy batt.
Adjustable drum clearance - allows you to set the teeth distance for total control of your fibre. All nylon bearings ensure it is light and easy to turn. The card cloth has wire teeth with a special protective coating and a flexible rubber backing for long life. The carder is strong and robust with the body made from Silver Beech hardwood. The carder has rubber feet to prevent it slipping.
- Factory lacquered finish
- Cloth extra fine 120 point teeth per inch (superfine)
- Carding capacity up to 50g (2oz)
- 2 x ratios - 6:1, 4:1
- Weight 5kg (11lb)
- includeds packer brush, cleaning brush, awl (doffer), clamps
- Dimensions 460mm long x 310mm wide x 240mm high
Postage within the UK:
- £1.99 UK: small package / under £10.00
- £3.85 UK: medium parcel / up to £100.00
- £6.95 UK: large parcel / up to £200.00
- £12.95 UK: heavy parcel / over £200.00
Postage outside the UK:
We are sorry but we do not ship goods outside of the UK including the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey.
Collect in store :
Pay now then come and collect from our retail shop in Evesham. We are open every Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 4pm no appointment necessary (social distancing applies). You can also choose to collect on other days/times but by appointment only.
We offer free contactless delivery within a 10 mile radius of Blackminster (minimum order £25).