Faux Cashmere - Nylon
Price per 100g
This incredible man-made fibre is just as soft as real Cashmere at a fraction of the price!
- Made from Nylon
It is combed to produce a handle similar to cashmere and customers are always amazed when they feel the softness of this wonderful fibre! An animal friendly alternative to traditional fur clothing.
What can I use it for?
- Can be spun as it is for a really soft unusual yarn.
- Dyes well with acid milling dyes.
- Not so great for felting.
- There are limitless possibilities for blending with other wool or fibres such as silk, flax, bamboo and many more.
- 100g - mittens, socks, hat
- 300g - cushion cover, shawl, long scarf
- 600g - baby blanket, cardigan, ladies sweater
Always buy enough fibre to finish your project in one go to avoid slight shade variations from batch to batch (this is in the nature of natural wool). If colour matching is important to you get a free sample first.
100g of fibre spins 100g of yarn the yardage of which depends on how finely you spin. The weight chart above is a helpful guide but will depend on the size and tension of the final garment.
If the fibre is suitable for felting you'll find that 100 grams will compress down to a grapefruit sized solid 3D shape (approximately). If you only need smaller amounts try our mini selection packs.
Core wool is a cost effective way to quickly build up 3D shapes before topping off. Another popular product is pre-felt which is ready for further needle felting, or wet felting, or to be used as a base for your project.