The FibreDYE range is perfect for home dyeing combed wool tops or natural yarns on the hob, food steamer or microwave!
Because these top quality acid milling dyes are all inter-mixable a wonderful array of colours can be produced. FibreDyes are designed to achieve bright and heavy shades with excellent colour fastness! Application methods are simple and safe provided that a few basic rules are observed.
- Acid milling dyes for wool and other protein fibres (not acrylics)
- 10g or 25g packets
- 16 colours (fully inter-mixable!)
- Fix at 95C - 100C wth citric acid or alternatively white vinegar
- Safe and easy to use
- See our FibreDYE help page
"On the hob" dyeing recipe...
- Mix a 10g of FibeDYE with 1 litre of water to make a 1% dye stock.
- For every 100g of fibre add 5g (1tsp) of citric acid (or a good glug - 100ml of white vinegar) to the dye bath water to achieve a pH of around 3 to 4.
- For each 100g of fibre add about 200ml of the prepared 1% dye stock to the dye bath.
- Now add the fibre to the dye bath and gently submerge.
- Slowly raise the temperature to boiling point (95C -100C) and simmer for approx 15 minutes. When all the dye has exhausted the water will be clear.
- Allow it to cool nice and slowly.
- Carefuly rinse and spin or drip dry.
You'll find more detailed instructions on our FibreDYE help page together with safety information, tips and recipes for stove top dyeing, microwave dyeing and steamer dyeing.
Disclaimer: * We do not guarantee the result nor do we accept responsibility for the outcome of your dyeing. Dyeing is a craft requiring skill and experience and the colours and effects achieved will depend on many factors. Always test first especially where the results are more critical.
BUY IT NOW!
Click the 'Add to Cart' button at the top of this page to buy this item and we will deliver it to your door. You can pay by credit card, debit card or PayPal. Also available over the counter from our retail shop. Ring to check stock before travelling.