Herdwick natural light grey
The native breed of the Lake District the Herdwick sheep produces a coarser hard wearing wool
- Origin: Lake district, England
- Shade: Light grey
- Thickness: approx 40 microns
- Staple length: 85 to 90mm
- Characteristics: Hardy
- Content: 100% natural wool
- Uses: Great for spinning will make a coarser quality hard wearing wool. Used a lot for needle felting and will add texture etc. Can also be dyed although this grey wool may only be suitable for very dark dye shades.
Natural, renewable & biodegradable
Wool is 100% natural. Every year sheep produce a new fleece making wool a renewable fibre source. At the end of its useful life wool can be returned to the soil, to decompose. FibreHut are supporters of the Campaign for Wool.
How much fibre will I need?
This will depend on how finely you spin plus the size and tension of the final knitted garment. The weights below are a helpful guide but cannot be guaranteed. If you are unsure, always buy a little bit more than you think you'll need (that's what stashes are for!)
BUY IT NOW!
Click the 'Add to Cart' button at the top of this page to buy this item and we will deliver it to your door. You can pay securely by PayPal, Amazon payments, Apple Pay, credit or debit card. Also available to buy at our W.Midlands retail shop (subject to availability).