8ply Tekapo Wool (colours)
Start weaving with Tekapo 8 ply on your Ashford rigid heddle loom, knitters loom, inkle loom or multi shaft loom!
- Loose plain weave: 30/10cm 7.5dpi (Rigid heddle loom)
- Firm plain weave: 40/10cm 7.5dpi (Rigid heddle loom)
- Loose plain weave: 24 (6dpi) (Multi shaft loom)
- Firm plain weave: 31 (8dpi) (Multi shaft loom)
- Twill: 40 (10dpi) (Multi shaft loom)
- 100% wool (Corriedale and Perendale)
- 8 Ply (double knit DK)
- 100g ball
- 200m / 218yds
- weft and warp
- Made in New Zealand
Tekapo Yarn from Ashford is 100% pure wool grown on sheep farms around New Zealand and spun in a small boutique mill in Hawkes Bay. This semi worsted yarn is a blend of corriedale and perendale especially designed for softness and strength. It is lofty and bulky and ideal for knitting, weaving and knit/felt garments, accessories and projects.
The yarn is named after the beautiful Lake Tekapo, just 90 minutes south-west of Ashburton. The lake, ringed by snow capped Southern Alps and glaciers is famous for its bright turquoise colour caused by its suspended glacial dust. In 1857 one of the first sheep stations in the New Zealand was established on its shore.
Buy it Now!
Use the Add to Cart button at the top of this page and we will deliver this item to your door. Also available at our Worcestershire store (check stock before travelling 01386 830396).